"Value class instance" pattern?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sun Jul 14 11:38:37 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 14 July 2013 at 18:12:07 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 07/14/2013 07:51 PM, Dicebot wrote:
>> Still can't find this in the spec but I see what you are
>> getting at,
>> makes sense. ...
>
> (This is a QOI issue.)

Is it really? I see certain conflicting interests between
bit-wise T.init copy for structs and void initialization of a
field. At least given the fact void initialization is considered
to be a performance optimization tool. Currently there does not
seem to be a away to create a struct by running postblit on top
of garbage.