working on the dlang.org website

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Sun Jul 14 19:19:38 PDT 2013

On 7/14/13 5:20 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 7/14/2013 2:30 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> I think it madness that the site is written in Ddoc.
>
> Different, sure. Madness - why?

If you look at for example this file:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/blob/master/lex.dd

All I see is HTML with a different syntax. You can achieve the same
using html tags (<h4> instead of $(H4)) and div ids or classes, then
applying css rules.

If somebody wants to contribute, it's sure easy to understand HTML. But
understanding DDoc requires more knowledge, so less chance of receiving
contributions.

But I think it's ok to do the website... for dog-fooding :-)