working on the dlang.org website

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 01:20:43 PDT 2013

On Monday, 15 July 2013 at 03:22:59 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> For example, if I want to change the copyright notice, I can:
>
> 1. edit hundreds of files
>
>    -- or --
>
> 2. edit a Ddoc macro
>
> It's no contest.

Even the very simplest roll-your-own framework would remove this
necessity.

Even simpler, you just split the contents of the site in to
components and load them via your favourite scripting language,
e.g.

<?php echo get_file_contents("copyright.html"); ?>

I don't necessarily think using ddoc is a bad idea, but web
development has moved on a long way from editing every file
separately.