Compile time executable calling?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 10:08:47 PDT 2013

On 07/15/2013 08:05 AM, Tofu Ninja wrote:

 > We should be as flexible as possible and leave the decision up to the
 > programmer. We shouldn't restrict a feature based on a fictional idea of
 > purity or vague worry of feature bloat(as others have mentioned)

My worry is not vague at all. What stops one from adding emailing
ability to the compiler then? That would be immensely useful too becaues
the compiler could email me. (!) Where is the line?

A compiler is a tool that compiles source code in a preset environment.
Simple is better.

 > especially in a case like this where the implementation is fairly simple
 > and the use cases are immense.

The use cases are not immense compared to the current situation. There
are lots of free tools that can set the environment for compilation and
the compiler compiles.

Ali