working on the dlang.org website

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Mon Jul 15 14:14:24 PDT 2013

On 7/15/13 4:13 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 7/15/2013 6:12 AM, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>> If Walter wants to modify the copyright notice, he could modify the file
>> _includes/copyright.html. No need to search for a macro named copyright.
>
> Are you also going to fix all your .c files to replace:
>
>     #define ABC 3
>     #define DEF(i) ((i) + 3)
>
> with a separate file for every macro:
>
>     #include "abc.h"
>     #include "def.h"
>
> ?

I think writing a program and writing a static website are totally
different things.

If you want to reuse something in a static website you use a partial:
something that's included. You can optionally pass parameters to that
partial.

What you usually want to include is HTML, not a value or an expression,
so it makes sense to put it in a separate html (markdown, whatever) file.

Yes, it's similar to a macro, but that's how *everyone* is doing web
development.