working on the dlang.org website

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Mon Jul 15 18:48:55 PDT 2013

On Monday, 15 July 2013 at 19:27:38 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> On Sunday, 14 July 2013 at 04:56:46 UTC, Val Markovic wrote:
>> There's some low-hanging fruit with the site that shouldn't be
>> too hard to
>> fix: there's an incredibly annoying "content flash" after any
>> page is
>> loaded (it loads fine, you see the text, then the text
>> disappears for a
>> second, then appears again). I've cursed at this more than a
>> dozen times;
>> it's especially annoying on any mobile browser.
>>

> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/352

Superseded by:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/353
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/355

Everything but Chrome and Opera should be faster sitewide (Andrei
has rsynced dlang.org already with these changes).  Chrome and
Opera, unfortunately, do not support CSS3 hyphens so they still
use the slow hyphenator.js.