working on the dlang.org website

Val Markovic val at markovic.io
Tue Jul 16 13:09:42 PDT 2013

Having hyphenator.js on the site slows down the browsing experience
immensely, especially on mobile. I know I personally avoid the
dlang.orgsite on my Galaxy Nexus and on my Nexus 7 because of this
reason.

Since the whole web is right-aligned and users would much rather have a
site that loads fast and without content flashes than a site with
hyphenation, I believe the library should be removed.

I say this as someone who is a typography nut and loves hyphenation. A
printed book without it is not worth buying. But the cost of implementing
it in JS for web pages is too high. There's a reason why no major website
uses this approach.