Proof of concept: automatically import C header files

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jul 17 02:27:52 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-17 10:14, Walter Bright wrote:

> Yeah, you do need the full front end. It's pretty amazing how the
> simplest of .h files seem determined to exercise every last, dark corner
> of the language.
>
> If the converter doesn't accept the full language, you're just going to
> get a dump truck unloading on it.

When you do have a complete front end you can choose how to handle the
language constructs the tool cannot (yet) translate. I.e. just skip it,
insert a comment or similar.

If you don't have a full front end and encounters something that you
cannot translate, you will most likely have weird behaviors.

--
/Jacob Carlborg