GC.calloc

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jul 17 15:42:42 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:38:37AM +0200, David wrote:
> > C does not have a native GC. I think expecting GC.calloc to be the
> > same as stdc.calloc is fallacious. But I agree that perhaps "calloc"
> > isn't a good name for the GC method.

> Why not, it's exactly named like calloc, same with malloc, qalloc and
> free?
[...]

Naming it as "calloc" gives the false impression that perhaps it's
equivalent to C's calloc, which is not true. Which is probably why
you're complaining about the different order of parameters. :)

"Maybe" is a strange word.  When mom or dad says it it means "yes", but when my big brothers say it it means "no"! -- PJ jr.