Deimos need some works

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Jul 18 04:16:15 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 18 July 2013 at 09:00:23 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

There are two distinct issues here:

1) The fact that stuff dub installs stuff without the help of
package manager does not mean it can ignore FHS guidelines -
otherwise one will have a hard time adopting dub itself into
repository. At the very least its place is /opt/dub but I'd
actually expect it to split stuff over /usr/local. Will likely
need to have a look at it if ever want to create such package.

2) Convenience for packager. However, I don't think this is much
of an issue. One can always clone Deimos repository and enhance
DFLAGS accordingly in a packaging script. As Deimos modules are
used only during the build process and are not supposed to be
provided to the end user, it is just a minor maintenance
inconvenience. Nothing critical.

There are, of course, library packages like vibe.d which do
include full source code and require availability of Deimos
bindings to be used. But I think packing a bindings copy with the
library itself is a proper way to go here, unless they actually
get exposed to programmer as part of library API (have not met a
single example so far).