xdc: A hypothetical D cross-compiler and AST manipulation tool.

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Fri Jul 19 09:42:29 PDT 2013

On Friday, 19 July 2013 at 13:38:12 UTC, Chad Joan wrote:
> Imagine targeting one of the ubiquitous ARM targets like
> Android, and its gazillion variants.  LLVM has an ARM target
> I'm pretty sure, but the Android community uses GCC as their
> compiler.  This puts LLVM/LDC on Android into a "may or may not
> work" category (unless they've done it already while I wasn't
> looking).
A small correction, the Android NDK added clang/llvm support last
November in revision 8c:

http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html

gcc is still the default, but clang is an alternative option.  I
don't think ldc has been ported to use whatever llvm libraries
the NDK is providing, but there is some official support for llvm
on Android now.