D roadmap?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Jul 21 18:15:03 PDT 2013

Jesse Phillips:

> No. This is becoming dated:
>
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel#Roadmap

That list contains many "Remove x" and "Remove y" but most of
those things seems to hang around nearly forever, they don't even
yet generate deprecation messages... I disagree with this aspect
of D development. It's confusing for D newbies, it's a mess, and
I hate it. What's even worse is seeing Walter&Co spend time
fixing creals and the like, that are supposed to be deprecated.
Given the presence of a thousand open bug reports, it's just a
matter of choosing to work on the bug reports that are about to
not-deprecated features...

Lately lot of the D improvement comes from Kenji Hara :-) Kenji
is also my best hope to finally see good tuples in D.

Bye,
bearophile