working on the dlang.org website

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 06:39:49 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 23 July 2013 at 13:19:12 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> There is nothing here D can't do. Dogfooding ftw.

hell, I've done my own versions of that stuff in D! Though most
the similarities are actually coincidence since I've never
actually used the Ruby stuff, there are a lot of similarities.

In the perhaps poorly named html.d in my github
https://github.com/adamdruppe/misc-stuff-including-D-programming-language-web-stuff

There's a macro expander thing that includes a css and javascript
subclass. The javascript one is nothing special, it just adds a
foreach macro to it. (Which is btw a text expansion macro, but
hey it works for me fixes the biggest annoyance I have with that
language.)

The really useful one comes with the expandAndDenest css one
which translates stuff like

  .test {
     color: red;
     .bold { font-weight: bold; }
  }

into

  .test { color: red; }
  .test .bold { font-weight: bold; }

and has a bunch of macros you can define and use yourself for
stuff like some color manipulation, reuse of declarations, and so
on.

Of course, no framework for the site is required here, since you
can always just convert the file ahead of time in the makefile
and serve plain generated code to the website.