Flame bait: D vs. Rust vs. Go Benchmarking

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 24 11:28:41 PDT 2013

On Jul 24, 2013 4:16 PM, "Adam D. Ruppe" <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 24 July 2013 at 12:46:26 UTC, bearophile wrote:
>>
>> As suggested by Walter I think all D compilers could add a switch like
"-Of" that equals "-O -release -inline -noboundscheck".

> I'm not comfortable with the recommendations for -noboundscheck because I
see the bounds check as a good thing and use it in all my real world code.
Getting used to turning it off regularly kinda torpedoes the whole memory
safety thing D offers.

> Though perhaps you could turn it off for one module - I think with
separate compilitation you could make one with -inline -noboundscheck then
link it in to the rest of the app compiled normally. That might be worth it.

Incase someone hasn't already pointed out.  Bounds checking is *always*
done in @safe code.  :)

Regards
--
Iain Buclaw