Unable to install latest DMD from D-Apt

Rene Zwanenburg renezwanenburg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 18:51:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm mostly a windows developer, so my linux-fu is pretty non
existent. I do however run some D applications on a Debian box
which has been quite painless up until now.

Today I tried to update DMD on the Debian box from 2.062 to
2.063.2. I removed dmd, switched to the D-Apt repository on
sourceforge, updated apt-get and tried to install dmd-bin:

----
apt-get install dmd-bin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  dmd-bin : Depends: libphobos2-dev (= 2.063.2-0) but it is not
going to be installed
E: Broken packages
----

Installing packages which are (I think) built with the latest dmd
doesn't work either:

----
apt-get install dub
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  dub : Depends: libphobos2-63 but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
----

Out of curiosity I tried to install libphobos2-63 manually:

----
apt-get install libphobos2-63
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

  libphobos2-63 : PreDepends: multiarch-support but it is not
installable
E: Broken packages
----

I'm not even sure where to begin. Can anyone point me in the
right direction?