Unable to install latest DMD from D-Apt

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jul 24 18:58:09 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 03:51:48AM +0200, Rene Zwanenburg wrote:
[...]
> apt-get install dmd-bin
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  dmd-bin : Depends: libphobos2-dev (= 2.063.2-0) but it is not going
> to be installed
> E: Broken packages
> ----
>
> Installing packages which are (I think) built with the latest dmd
> doesn't work either:
>
> ----
> apt-get install dub
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  dub : Depends: libphobos2-63 but it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
> ----
>
> Out of curiosity I tried to install libphobos2-63 manually:
>
> ----
> apt-get install libphobos2-63
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  libphobos2-63 : PreDepends: multiarch-support but it is not
> installable
> E: Broken packages
> ----
>
> I'm not even sure where to begin. Can anyone point me in the right
> direction?

What version of Debian are you running? It seems that you may be using a
rather old release that doesn't have multiarch support yet? That will
make a lot of newer things uninstallable.

Try apt-get install multiarch-support and see what it says?

The two rules of success: 1. Don't tell everything you know. -- YHL