Flame bait: D vs. Rust vs. Go Benchmarking

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Jul 25 18:48:33 PDT 2013

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013 01:14:42 +0200
"SomeDude" <lovelydear at mailmetrash.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 24 July 2013 at 06:20:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Please post your comment here to Reddit!
> >
> > Did. I tried to provide positive feedback. I'm mildly miffed
> > how the text is so much at odds with the numbers - literally as
> > if the text was written beforehand and the numbers collected at
> > the last minute.
> >

> > Andrei
>
> Whatever miffs us, let's try to keep cool and show the same class
> that the Rust guys do here:
> https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/rust-dev/2013-July/004838.html
>
> Oh, and BTW, I really want to congrat them, they've been doing a
> great job so far.

Not to slam Rust or the Rust people, but I wouldn't call that an example
of "class" so much as "new age nazi": where everything is
incontrovertibly wonderful in it's own special way and any opinion
contrary to that is categorically invalid and not to be tolerated (or
must, at least, be first run through a rose-tinted castration filter).

Referring to those two quotations as "throw[ing] random slander" is
outright hyperbole and very much an overreaction. I'm *very* glad that
we've been mature enough here to allow real, frank discussion and not
descend into the self-righteous, almost Orwellian, whitewash trap of
"happy...or else".