Flame bait: D vs. Rust vs. Go Benchmarking

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 05:08:05 PDT 2013

On Friday, 26 July 2013 at 10:09:10 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> Not everyone is so thick-skinned, though, and it can create a
> better collaborative environment if everyone tries to avoid
> swearwords and pejorative terms (which isn't the same as
> censoring negative opinions -- in my experience, it helps
> convey them more effectively because the recipient has fewer
> grounds to take offence and use that as a reason to dismiss
> your opinion).

You put the limit at the wrong place. It is ok to say that some
piece of code is a shitty monstrosity, but ok to say that to
someone.

People get often offended because they associate themselves with
their code. This isn't a good thing, and a indicator that the dev
may have trouble to adapt/be territorial.

You don't always more dev in your boat as it means management
overhead (yes, even with FOSS, as someone have to review the
code, discuss it, etc . . .).