Flame bait: D vs. Rust vs. Go Benchmarking

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 10:09:47 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 25 July 2013 at 23:14:43 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
> Whatever miffs us, let's try to keep cool and show the same
> class that the Rust guys do here:
> https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/rust-dev/2013-July/004838.html
>
> Oh, and BTW, I really want to congrat them, they've been doing
> a great job so far.

I'm not of the opinion this community needs a code of conduct.
This group has many examples of harsh language both directed at
code/projects and people. It results in community members to
speak up against that language use, which is great, but we don't
need Andrei and Walter stepping in and pointing out violation of
rules.

And I must say generally the harshest language directed to people
tends to come from newer members to the forum. Though there is
definitely very frank comments which can be taken as insulting.

I think the worst combination is harsh language used to express
something that is completely wrong. The statements relate to D
shouldn't surprise any of us and knowing our field, everything is
a crappy design 1970 or 2064.