A proper language comparison...

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Jul 26 12:54:57 PDT 2013

On 7/26/2013 10:25 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> You emphasis it quite well, and that is certainly true for a car, a plane, or
> anything potentially dangerous.
>
> Different tradeoff apply when you talk about a video game, a media player or and
> IRC client.

Of course.

There is a cost of failure, though, to things like video games and media
players. Annoying your customers. I've dumped using many media players because
of their tendency to freeze up. I like to set my music on in the morning and run
it all day. Having to regularly restart it means "abandon it and try a different
one."

My current media player freezes about once every couple weeks. It's infrequent
enough to be tolerable. The Ubuntu one dies about once an hour. I gave up on
that long ago.