A proper language comparison...

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Jul 26 23:52:01 PDT 2013

On 7/26/2013 11:20 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> Um.. unless I'm reading that maze of #if's and conditionals wrong.. that's only
> being done in a few cases, specifically never on linux.  And either way, are you
> asserting that all compilers do that?

No. I'm asserting that it is a compiler issue, and an easily dealt with one, not
a language issue.

As for why the backend does it for some platforms and not for others, I was
merely mimicking what other compilers did for each platform. I know that Win32
requires this behavior, I was unsure about Linux. We can certainly investigate
turning it on for Linux.