Pulling Xorg dependencies on headless machine

nazriel spam at dzfl.pl
Sat Jul 27 17:03:47 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 27 July 2013 at 23:46:34 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> I don't know much about debian, but dmd itself doesn't need X,
> nor should phobos. I compile and run D programs on headless web
> servers every day.
>
> If you can't ignore the dependencies with the apt, downloading
> the dmd zip file should be just about as easy and it doesn't
> pull anything else with it.

I am afraid that DMD is the one pulling in X stuff.

I suspect it may be because of -man switch. That would explain
why dmd wants xdg-open on Debian.

Yeah, I am familiar with building dmd from git/using packages by
Walter. I am just thrilled that package for debian, which is
quite frequently used as a base for headless servers requires
Xorg deps.

The "Any way to fix it?" is more about doing something about this
dependency, not guiding me how to make workarounds.

But still thank you H. S. Teoh and Adam for your feedback!
I need to make myself more clear next time hehe