Low-overhead components

"Luís "Luís
Mon Jul 29 04:43:50 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 28 July 2013 at 06:20:29 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> Not really an article or anything - this was planned as just a
> post to this newsgroup, but I decided to put it somewhere
> suitable for larger blocks of text with formatting:
>
> http://blog.thecybershadow.net/2013/07/28/low-overhead-components/

BTW, slightly off-topic, but could you clarify something for me?
In the phrase "I understand that STL allocators are stateless,
which is boring ", does the expression "I understand that" mean
"I think the following is true, but I'm not sure" or "I know the
following is true, and I acknowledge it, (but...)", or something
else?