Doc improvements, compilation

"Luís "Luís
Mon Jul 29 11:51:26 PDT 2013

In the docs for std.format we have the following example:

     import std.c.stdio;
     import std.format;

     void main()
     {
         auto writer = appender!string();
         formattedWrite(writer, "%s is the ultimate %s.", 42,
"answer");
         assert(writer.data == "42 is the ultimate answer.");
         // Clear the writer
         writer = appender!string();
         formattedWrite(writer, "Date: %2$s %1$s", "October", 5);
         assert(writer.data == "Date: 5 October");
     }

This does not compile because where it imports std.c.stdio it
should import instead std.array. Are the docs not being compiled,
to check for errors? Perhaps that could be improved, by
automatically compiling all the docs and checking for errors (if
they all should just compile then it's straightforward, otherwise
it would be necessary to tag them as 'should compile' where
appropriate, or by adding the necessary scaffolding to ensure
compilation).

The js "jump to" headers also seem not to be working well. In
std.conv I get (in both Chrome and Safari):

     Improve this page _to!TargetType(value) (and not some variant
of toImpl)." class="button">Page wiki View or edit the
community-maintained wiki page associated with this page.

In other pages it seems to work, but it is often very slow to
generate the jump to headers.

--
Luís