Flame bait: D vs. Rust vs. Go Benchmarking

Jonathan A Dunlap jdunlap at outlook.com
Mon Jul 29 14:16:09 PDT 2013

> Blaming person X for that, famous or not, would be a ridiculous
> shifting
> of responsibilities
==
> That said, it is also clear that in any organization,
> attitudes, tone and style flow from the top down. (It's amazing
> how pervasive this is.)

Totally agree, I didn't mention blaming. Of course, everyone is
free to express themselves and how others replicate their actions
cannot be controlled. However fame, just like any power, should
be responsibly used, but it's a personal choice as long as it
doesn't cross unacceptable boundaries (e.g. personal attacks).
I'm with Walter that ideally rules shouldn't be established as
the natural maturing of a community lends itself to becoming
stronger because of it.

Basically:
a) Don't promote or feed the fire of bad behavior, best to show
by example
b) Remind/educate others of their influence when their actions
are negatively affecting others... however don't command as it's
their prerogative