Proposal for pull request review process

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Tue Jul 30 02:36:20 PDT 2013

On 07/30/2013 11:09 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>>> Short version: I think it would help speed up the review queue to have an
>>> auto-merge facility that would automatically merge in approved pull
>>> requests
>>> once they pass the test suite.
>
> Good idea. Otherwise somehow tagging pulls to denote their current state would
> be priceless.

I remember that the bzr VCS devs had set up some kind of system where people
with review/commit privileges would comment on patchsets with +1, +0 or -1 and
there was an automated system keeping track of the votes.  There was some kind
of threshold that was needed for merge approval, although I forget the details.
 I can look into it if people are interested.

(Russell Winder might know.  I remember him being another person active on the
bzr mailing lists back in the day...:-)