Labels as values and threaded-code interpretation

Diggory diggsey at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 1 06:17:44 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 1 June 2013 at 11:50:23 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> As example the very small but fast virtual machine written in
> GNU C++ from the International Contest on Functional
> Programming 2006:
>
> http://codepad.org/iibBeWKw
>
> It's faster than the same code without computed gotos.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Would be cool if there was a platform independent way in D to
construct a sequence of "call" instructions in memory. Then it
would be possible to write a JIT compiler in the exact same style
as that example.

It would be relatively easy to add to phobos although you'd have
to be careful about DEP. Hmm, perhaps I will try writing
something like this...