Suggestion: Build windows DMD with MSVC

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Sat Jun 1 07:39:01 PDT 2013

Am 01.06.2013 16:34, schrieb Andrej Mitrovic:
> On 6/1/13, Benjamin Thaut <code at benjamin-thaut.de> wrote:
>> And your unittests should run again.
>
> I've tried this fix, it still doesn't work for me:
>
> $ echo unittest { assert(0); } void main() { } > test.d
>
> $ rdmd --force -unittest --compiler=dmd_dmc test.d
>> core.exception.AssertError at test(1): unittest failure
>
> $ rdmd --force -unittest --compiler=dmd_msc test.d
>>

> I've tried with a clean build and then a full release build.

Strange, is this the latest git version of dmd? The last time I tried
compiling with MSVC was dmd 2.062
Its possible that its borken again, as the only guy keeping it working
is Rainer Schuetze. Thid you try debugging the executable generated by
the dmd_msc ? Most likely its throwing some hardware exception which
emediatly kills it.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut