Suggestion for a mixed camelCase & PascalCase notation

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Jun 1 17:08:15 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 1 June 2013 at 22:16:49 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> The sad thing is that we got hungarian notation due to a
> misunderstanding. The
> original idea was actually quite good. This article explains
> what happened as
> well as the original idea (which _is_ worth using):
>
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Wrong.html

Interesting read. A question: I'd assume that with modern
languages it'd be possible to achieve much or all (or more) of
the safety created by "Apps Hungarian" by using an appropriately
crafted type system. E.g. to take one example from that article,
create a SafeString type which is guaranteed to contain properly
encoded text.