DMD under 64-bit Windows 7 HOWTO

Sean Cavanaugh WorksOnMyMachine at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 17:50:46 PDT 2013

On 5/25/2013 8:24 PM, Manu wrote:
> I  might just add, that if you have Visual Studio installed (which I
> presume many Windows dev's do), then you don't need to do ANYTHING.
> DMD64 just works if VS is present.
>
> I didn't do a single thing to get DMD-Win64 working. And it's working great.
>
> You should make sure this is clear at the top of any wiki entry.
>
> Perhaps a future push to convince Walter to port DMD-Win32 to
> COFF/WinSDK aswell might be nice ;)
> Win32 is still an important platform for many (most?) users.

under VS2012 I had to edit sc.ini to point directly to the linker:

LINKCMD64=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
11.0\VC\bin\amd64\link.exe

and in visuald add the win8 sdk lib path to the lib directories:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Lib\win8\um\x64

And from there it just worked

The other variables the stock sc.ini uses are only set if you run
vsvars32.bat (and the newer batch files only enable 1 platform at a time
instead of all of them which can trip people up trying to do everything
from a single command line)