The non allocating D subset

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 07:32:55 PDT 2013

So I tried to get moduleinfo looping working.... and found some
success. If you use it with libc, it works. On bare metal, it
works thanks to a linker script hack. It doesn't work on the
minimal linux setup. I wasted a lot of hours trying to do it, but
there seems to be some elf section magic going on that I can't
figure out how to easily hook in to.

But even with that working, I couldn't get module ctors working
right.

Meh time to move on. Here's the list of stuff I'm abandoning so
far

  What doesn't work:
     1) array concats. use the module memory.d instead (link
failure)
     2) module constructors and destructors (silent failure, they
never run)
     3) looping ModuleInfo without libc or bare metal (silent
failure, returns empty list)
     4) TLS variables. always use __gshared (runtime crash)
     5) threads.
     6) unittests (silent failure, they never run)

Maybe I can figure out module constructors later, but for now I'm
just going to abandon that.