Suggestion for a mixed camelCase & PascalCase notation

w0rp devw0rp at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 12:40:14 PDT 2013

I had a job where we had a convention of using Hungarian notation
for PHP. I and others left the place bit by bit, and we never
really brought it up again. We were kind of sick of it. It
doesn't really work well, especially when you have a statically
typed language.

Personally, I like to use 'thingList' instead of 'things' and
names like 'thingMap' for map types. I don't always do this, but
it works must of the time, and it's much better than 'arrPirate'
for an array of Pirates.