Error after installing DMD v2.063

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 2 14:39:39 PDT 2013

On Sunday, June 02, 2013 14:29:39 Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> > he was talking about making
> > it up to the maintainers to create the various symlinks, which IMHO is
> > unacceptable long term
>
> why?

Because of the problems of zip with symlinks. He would have to change how
they're created (and probably not use zip at all) in order to fix the problem,
and apparently, he wasn't willing to do that for this release. That doesn't
mean that the problem can't or won't be fixed for the next release, but it
required too many changes to how Walter normally functions for him to be
willing to do it correctly for this release.

Nick Sabalausky was looking at fixing up how the zip files are generated for
Walter so that they we have separate packages for each OS, and if sorts that
out, then I'm sure that the symlink issue can and will be sorted out. I
believe that the push is to fully automate generating the release packages
(probably using the autotester), but it pretty much requires folks other than
Walter making those changes, since he doesn't change his habits and procedures
with regards to this sort of thing very easily.

- Jonathan M Davis