Error after installing DMD v2.063

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jun 2 16:50:23 PDT 2013

On Sunday, June 02, 2013 16:42:12 Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> I thought the packages were generated using the scripts at
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/installer/tree/master/linux
>
> which pull the zip files from ftp.digitalmars.com

They may. I don't know what the current process is with regards to the rpms
and debs, but that would mean that they are indeed using the zips, which is
why you're having the problems that you're having.

> What would an automated process look like? I would think something like
> a script which makes a tarball out of the git repos and then some more
> which turn the tarball into rpm or deb or what have you?

Something like that. The autotester is already doing that sort of thing for
building and running the unit tests. It shouldn't be that hard to make it then
generate the correct packages as part of that for the cases where we want it,
and if done right, the same process could be used on other boxes.

- Jonathan M Davis