Will I try again? and also C header files.

SeanVN evospice at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 20:36:47 PDT 2013

Thanks for all the information. It seems that D2 meets all my
requirements.  I have been reading some of the documentation.  It
is a extensive language and there is definitely a learning curve
for me to overcome.  That is manageable though.
I looked at the Go programming language. The core ideas in that
language are good but it is practically useless for designing
desktop applications. The specifics of the standard libraries and
the rejection of shared libraries mean it is consigned to being a
web-server scripting language only.
I am happy that D2 allows me to use 79/80 bit reals, unlike
almost every other programming language these days which only
allow access to 64 bit floating point numbers.