Error after installing DMD v2.063

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Jun 3 02:42:53 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-03 10:34, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> Well, part of the problem is that the zip is inherently broken for *nix
> systems due to the fact that symlinks don't work properly. So, now that we
> have an so version of Phobos, the zip just isn't going to work properly
> anymore. And while we aren't really looking to break DVM, AFAIK, there would
> be no other reason to keep the zip around other than for DVM. And since the
> zip isn't going to work properly on *nix systems anyway, I'm not sure that
> keeping it around for DVM really solves much.

*nix is really not correct to say. Currently only Linux 64bit supports
shared libraries. It's not like it's broken on all platforms, just one.
Sure, it will break once we get support for share libraries on
additional platforms.

If static linking is default nothing is broken.

Which format can we use for these platform specific packages? For which
of these are there existing bindings or libraries?

--
/Jacob Carlborg