Rust moving away from GC into reference counting

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 06:57:30 PDT 2013

Is it an official position or just a blog post / proposal from
one of developers?

Anyway, given  the recent findings by Adam, D is not _that_ far
away here. Add configurable global allocators, finally implement
"scope", move GC to library and reduce runtime a bit - and result
may be pretty awesome. Hardest part is still "global allocator"
and assumptions compiler does about runtime.

However, the fact that Rust developers already think about this
and in D community most real attention to such stuff only came
together with Manu gives them some advantage.