What's up with pull request buildbots?

Dylan Knutson tcdknutson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 07:39:56 PDT 2013

> - If many pulls are merged into [DMD/DRuntime/Phobos] master in
> a given period of, for example a day, the AT will restart prior
> to completing a full test pass.
> - With the current number of open pulls the AT can complete a
> full testing pass in roughly 8 hours.
> - Each pull takes a rough average of 15 minutes to test.

Thanks for the explanation. I suppose the fix for my issue would
be for reviewers to merge the small bugfixes a bit faster. I
don't want to sound like I'm rushing the reviewers; as it is the
project has amazing community contribution, and I'm constantly
blown away at how much a group of volunteers can accomplish.

On a side note, there are a few (lots) of pull requests that are
several months old, and master has changed too much for them to
be compatible and/or relevant. Perhaps those should just be
closed?

> But consider the  effort required to move all of those bugs to
> a new system, automated  tooling or no, it wouldn't be easy or
> quick.

Sorry; let me clarify: I'd suggest that BZ stop accepting new
issues, and use the GHI tracker for new bugs. Then, just use BZ
as needed until all resolvable issues there have been resolved.
As for loss of meta information on Github, eh, I suppose so, but
GHI offers issue referencing and tagging, so that's something I
guess? I don't expect to convince anyone to switch, just see why
it isn't used in the first place.

Thank you,
Dylan Knutson