Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 11:05:12 PDT 2013

On Monday, 3 June 2013 at 16:16:48 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Java is not compiled. If you compile Java code, all functions
> are virtual
> always.

Java is JIT compiled and function that aren't overriden are
finalized automatically by the JIT compiler.

It's even able to virtualize at runtime if an override is finally
linked, or the other way around, refinalize.

We could do that in D as LTO, as long as we have a way to tell
the compiler if a function can be overriden in a shared object.