Error after installing DMD v2.063

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Jun 3 12:50:19 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-06-03 at 12:38 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/3/2013 8:59 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> > Is there a tarball or only this infamous zipfile?
>
> I can't believe it is hard to create a tarball from a zipfile.

Actually it can be since tarballs can represent symbolic links whereas
it appears zipfiles cannot. However, I think the issue here re deb files
is deeper. The solution to the issue as far as generating a deb is
concerned is to tag the DMD Git repository so that anyone can generate
an official source tarball given the release tag.

I appreciate there are licencing issues that means we cannot expect to
get DMD into Debian itself, if we can have a Debian toolchain build that
targets Debian non-free, we can get DMD into Ubuntu and Mint as well as
accesible for Debian users. I believe this to be a good aim.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk