DMD under 64-bit Windows 7 HOWTO

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Jun 3 14:36:45 PDT 2013

On 03.06.2013 01:38, Adam Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 21:08:48 -0700, Sean Cavanaugh
> <WorksOnMyMachine at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have my project settings set to 'Combined compile and link'
>>> (bottom-most option of the General part of the project settings).
>>>
>>> dmd is invoking the linker specified in the sc.ini this way
>>>
>>> (its a small and monolithic executable)
>>>

>> The other configuration types there seemed to work for me as well, so
>> I'm having trouble even breaking it.
>
> And I can't seem to get it to work. I am now getting a stack overflow
> from pipedmd trying to build an x64 DLL using VS2012.

pipedmd is a program to demangle symbols in linker output and to monitor
file accesses for better library dependencies. It hasn't been tested too
well with the microsoft linker (I guess it might have problem with
64-bit executables), so you might try to disable it by switching off
both "demangle names in link errors" and "Monitor optlink dependencies"
in the global Visual D settings.