Runtime reflection idea

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Mon Jun 3 14:45:57 PDT 2013

On 02.06.2013 17:10, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 2 June 2013 at 13:28:28 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> and TypeInfo.rtInfo() would then return a pointer to RTInfoData
>> instead of void*. This doesn't make it modifiable from outside
>> object.di, but I have no idea how that could be possible to begin with
>> (without recompiling the runtime library).
>
> I think I have something figured out:

Interesting stuff to implement custom type info declared with the class.
But type info as needed for the GC has to be generated for every Type
without additional annotation or declaration.

Assuming a recompilation of the runtime library, but no modification to
the library source, I currently can only imagine having some string
import switched to some other file through a different search path. This
import would then contain declarations to be mixed into the RTInfoData
(or MoreRtInfo in your implementation).