Error after installing DMD v2.063

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jun 3 17:34:41 PDT 2013

On Monday, June 03, 2013 14:13:26 Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/3/2013 12:50 PM, Russel Winder wrote:
> >>
> >> I can't believe it is hard to create a tarball from a zipfile.
> >
> > Actually it can be since tarballs can represent symbolic links whereas
> > it appears zipfiles cannot.
>
> 1. unzip the zip file
> 2. add symbolic links
> 3. create tarball

But why create it as a zip file in the first place? Just create the tarball
correctly when it's built and don't create a zip file at all. Clearly, people
other than you are going to be sorting this out, but we shouldn't even be
creating a zip file for the non-Windows OSes in the first place. The symlinks
should be created as part of the build and tar-ed from there.

- Jonathan M Davis