Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jun 4 00:25:39 PDT 2013

> Unless fresh arguments, facts, or perspectives come about, I am personally not
> convinced, based on this thread so far, that we should operate a language change.

One possibility is to introduce virtual as a storage class that overrides final.
Hence, one could write a class like:

class C {
   final:
     void foo();
     void baz();
     virtual int abc();
     void def();
}

This would not break any existing code, and Manu would just need to get into the
habit of having "final:" as the first line in his classes.