Convert string[] to char**

Bruce Smith b.e.smith at computer.org
Tue Jun 4 00:18:51 PDT 2013

Hello

/[I'll prefix this question by stating that I am not a strong C
programmer; my long experience is in a wide range of languages other
than C//]/

I wish to call some functions in a complex C library from D. Since this
a large & complex library, I've wrapped a bunch of the functions using
SWIG (swig -d -d2 ...). One of the C functions has a signature like:

void foo(const char * const *keys);

SWIG has given me a D function signature like:

     void foo(char** keys);

In my D program it is natural to represent some keys as an array of
strings, for example:

     string[] mykeys;

How should I convert mykeys from string[] to char** so that I can call
foo with mykeys as the actual parameter?

Regards