Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Tue Jun 4 09:33:29 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 4 June 2013 at 07:33:04 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4 June 2013 at 05:41:16 UTC, Rob T wrote:
>> Structs would IMO be far more useful if they had inheritance.
>> Inheritence can be fully removed from the rest of
>> polymorphism, so there's no reason why structs which are not
>> polymorphic cannot inherit.
>
> If no polymorphism is needed, there is no reason to use
> inheritance instead of template mixins.

mixins make me shudder, however, if you can point out an example
of this working for simulating struct inheritance, I'd be
interested to have a look. Of course I strongly suspect that it
will suffer from the same problems as the other suggested
methods, not obvious and difficult to implement and maintain.

--rt