using that much pragma disables in dmd msc build?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Jun 4 22:47:39 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, June 05, 2013 07:25:11 dennis luehring wrote:
> Am 05.06.2013 07:14, schrieb dennis luehring:

> >> Not all VC warnings are good ideas.
> >
> > examples?
>
> better asked: why global switch of the warnings, are all occurences just
> wrong?

I don't know which warnings are disabled in the dmd build, but in my
experience, Visual Studio has quite a few annoying and pointless warnings -
warnings for things that are completely valid as far as the language is
concerned and don't actually cause problems. For instance, it warns about
pretty much all implicit conversions to bool, and IIRC, it then likes to
warning about explictly casting to bool, forcing you to use a ternary operator
for no good reason. In my experience, Visual Studio is _way_ overzealous about
warnings.

- Jonathan M Davis