std.compress

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed Jun 5 11:36:32 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 5 June 2013 at 17:36:05 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> itemize() takes a range of ranges of T and offers a range of T.
> For example, given a range of T[], offers a range of T.
joiner?

> collect() takes a range of T and offers a range of T[]. The
> number of items in each chunk can be a parameter.
chunk? (or rather chunk(…).map!(a => a.array)).

> I salute this code. It is concise, well engineered, well
> written, just as general as it needs, uses the right features
> in the right places, and does real work. A perfect example to
> follow. The only thing I'd add is this convenience function:

It also doesn't utilize template constraints, reinvents
isRandomAccessRange && hasSlicing under a poor name, uses C
printf (!) in the examples, has random 2-3 letter variable names
(dis, dip, di, si) all over the place, …

David