std.compress

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 12:53:39 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 5 June 2013 at 19:49:05 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Oh? I thought the compiler would be smart enough to look for
> "std/algorithm.d" when you say "import std.algorithm", and to
> look for std/algorithm/*.d when there's trailing stuff
> following "std.algorithm".

import testmod.test;
import testmod;

test2.d(2): Error: can only import from a module, not from
package testmod
Error: module testmod from file testmod.d conflicts with package
name testmod

or if you reverse the order

test2.d(2): Error: can only import from a module, not from a
member of module testmod. Did you mean `import testmod : test`?

The filenames are easy to sort out (and don't necessarily matter
anyway, since contrary to popular belief, they don't aren't
required to match the module name), but the compiler assigns them
a name (the same name) and then considers it a kind of type
mismatch between package and module.