std.compress

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jun 5 14:23:31 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, June 05, 2013 20:25:44 w0rp wrote:
> An the subject of std.algorithm being very large, I realised
> something. Once the import change is in that makes it possible to
> import sub-modules all at once, there will be some nice potential
> for splitting up std.algorithm a bit into sub-modules, while
> making 'import std.algorithm' work exactly like it does now.

That was pretty much the point of DIP 37. If it was only about being able to
import packages, then you could just do foo/all.d and have all.d publicly
import all of the foo package - many people do this now. But DIP 37 will allow
us to do this in a way which makes it possible to split up a module into a
package in place without breaking code. So, we'll be able to split larger
modules such as std.algorithm and std.datetime into packages without forcing
everyone to change their code.

- Jonathan M Davis